Thursday 22 March 2012

29/366

Great pic of Team RadioShack training
Took a steady 6 mile run today after Mondays 11 mile effort, felt tired towards the end and realised that I should have done my shorter route today.  I just felt tired, no pain or aches in the legs, no feeling of loss of power, just tired, and I feel great now so can only assume my body just couldn't be arsed at that particular time.

Been spending some time thinking about Project Peugeot and what do with it, it's looking more likely that I'll cobble something together using my current single speed as a donor bike.  I do like the current set up of the Falcon frame but do I have a need for two single speeds really?  Neither are ideally suitable for going fixed and to be honest I'm not sure I want to either.  So I'm thinking of putting the wheels off the Falcon on the peugeot and using the original cranks and just sourcing a suitable chainring as I don't like the cranks and chainring currently on the falcon.  That will leave me with a Falcon frame and crome forks surplus to requirements, ebay beckons methinks, although I'll offer it round the club first as it is in 'Beeston Blue'.

I want to keep the Peugeot as retro as possible so will retain as much of the bike as I can, need to find some nice brake levers though as it only came with one broken one...

I'm looking forward to the Belgian classics getting under way, its a great part of the cycling season, today's picture shows Fabian Cancellara  of RadioShack and his team mate doing a reccy of the Tour of Flanders.  Fab has shown he is in good form and is worth a bet in the upcoming classics I reckon.

No comments:

Post a Comment