Monday 19 March 2012

26/366

Well my run didn't go to plan, in a good way though.  I got myself settled into a steady groove by the time I was in Sandiacre coming along the canal from Ilkeston and was feeling I could maintain this for longer than planned.  By the time I reached the planned point of heading for home just before Long Eaton I decided I was going to continue.  How far I wasn't sure yet, but there are plenty of points where I could easily head for home.  Once through Long Eaton and nearing the Fields Farm Road crossing of the canal I had to decide, head for home or buckle in for at least another 4 miles.  By this point I had already ran farther than ever before.

I carried on to Trent Lock, it was at this point I began to feel this uncharted distance in my legs, my engine was fine but the legs were weary.  I had to carry on, the shortest route home now was along the Trent Mersey canal to Cranfleet Lock and onto Meadow Lane, Long Eaton.  Across Manor Park and I was home.  Really pleased to have completed an 11 mile run, and I still have over 6 months to train for a sub 2hour attempt at a half marathon.



I also had the pleasure of being quoted circa £350 to replace the egr valve, the cause of my engine management warning light being illuminated, for £350 the light can stay on, it's annoying but that annoying.  A bit of DIY required me thinks, it's already been cleaned once but I'll try again, if that fails I try and source one and fit it myself.  I don't like to get my hands dirty with cars but at that price I'll give it a bash.

No comments:

Post a Comment