Friday 23 March 2012

30/366

Not sure who and when, but I can't imagine Cav or Wiggo sparking one up in a race
Well a very dull mundane day today, the highlight of the day was mowing the lawn, it doesn't stop there though, this was closely followed by relocating a gate in the garden. 

Whilst I had the mower out I did the piece of land outside the front of our house as it's anyone's guess as to when Broxtowe Borough Council bother to come and cut it.  I asked the question of them last year when the grass verges of Toton were overgrown and going to seed, it really did look a mess.  I was informed that due to budget cuts the grass verges would only be cut four times in the year unless they grew too much and caused a danger to traffic. 

This is despite the fact that the council seem quite happy to throw good money away on a planter outside our house which is constantly vandalised and subsequently repaired at great cost to the taxpayer.  It is stocked with nice plants twice a year which ultimately die off due to lack of watering.  The thing has been an eyesore and general nuisance (as well as a public convenience) since it was put there four years ago.  I have lobbied the council on numerous occasions as well as speaking to our MP on the matter, and everyone seems more than happy to keep throwing money at it.... baffles me!

No comments:

Post a Comment