Friday 16 March 2012

23/366

I'm not sure if my nephew Zac has any career ambitions yet, he's not even started 'proper' school yet, but god help us if he ever holds a position of power, or even worse a law enforcer.  I say this because he informed me this afternoon that if I drove through a red traffic light the police would take me away to a nasty house.  Fair enough you may think albeit a little harsh.... Oh no the worst is yet to come.  Apparently then carnivores would eat me! 

Whilst I applaud a tougher no nonsense approach from the authorities I do think being eaten may be a little too much for jumping a red light.  But I do wish I had such an imagination as little Zac, I love the innocence of some of the things little kids say, it sure brightened my afternoon up.

'MyKnoaky'
My 'MyKnoaky' arrived today, a cool idea from pro cyclist Andreas Klier.  It is a small piece of oak that you carry with you so that you can 'knock on wood' or 'touch wood' at any time, a lucky charm if you like.  Not only is it a lucky charm but for every Knoaky sold a tree is planted for Plant for the Planet foundation.

I wouldn't say I was overly superstitious but I'm of the opinion that it can't do any harm, and if it make you feel better/safer then what the heck.  Superstition interests me, I like to read and hear about why certain groups of people do certain things, what they expect to gain from it and if it does actually work.  Some say it's all a load of twaddle, others swear by it, me... I just keep an open mind.  Sounds a bit like religion really doesn't it?

Andreas talking about MyKnoaky



Really early night for me tonight, feeling it this week after being off last week and Robert and I have another trip to Meadow Lane tomorrow afternoon, you never know it may 'touch wood' for Notts County.

No comments:

Post a Comment