Wednesday 7 March 2012

14/366

Much a day of nothingness today, a wet and windy day saw me wimping out of my original plan of the hilly TT course, opting instead for a turbo session in front of Paris-Nice on Eurosport.  Good to see Team Sky doing so well and controlling the race to keep Wiggins in yellow.  I'm not Brads biggest fan it has to be said, whilst I wish him well I just don't think he has the ability to match all the hype,  Saying that with a certain Bertie Contador out of the way for a while and the fact that the Schleck's can not time trial it only takes Cuddles to have a rough time and Wiggo has as good a chance as the next GC contender.

My day out with Team Sky (that's me on the left in the Hi Vis)

I keep mentioning my weight loss of late so it's about time I put that record to bed before you all get sick of hearing about it.  I didn't set out with any real intention of losing a great deal of weight, I did want to shed some but not in a diety kind of way, I just wanted to cut out the crap I ate and hope I lost a bit of weight over time.  So what went wrong with that plan?

My new job certainly helped, instead of standing/ sitting around generally doing nothing at Tesco I now have a job on my feet, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling baskets and 'stacks' of bread.  This 'exercise' has increased my metabolism and increased my desire to do more.  So after getting used to being physical at work I thought I would try running, mainly because in the winter it's quite a lot of 'faff' to get me and the bike ready for a ride and then clean up after, especially when my exercise 'window' is about 2 hours in the afternoon.  So I saw running as a more time efficient  way of exercising.

Little did I know what effect it would have on my weight.  It started to drop off very quickly, as I felt lighter and fitter the more I wanted to be in shape, loose a few more pounds.  It's addictive, and when its going well you have the desire to do better, that little bit more.  My diet has improved, I eat better and less.  I wouldn't say I was on a diet as such, I just watch my calories, try to keep within my RDI, but most importantly try to make sure I'm using more calories than I take in, that way I figure I can't put weight on.

So where am I?  I've lost 2 stone since last August, I'm now 14 1/2 stone, would like to get under 14 stone, would love to get to 13 1/2.  

I promise now to try my best not to keep rattling an about it with the exception of when I meet the two goals mentioned above.

Another 100k's on the bike in order tomorrow before a rest day on Friday and a 100k Audax on Saturday, can't wait to get my 2012 Audax account open.

No comments:

Post a Comment