Thursday 1 March 2012

8/366

Long Eaton canal this morning
Well it was pea soup on my way to work this morning (never really understood why the term pea soup is used) but as the sun rose and burnt off the fog we were left with a beautiful day.  Today's picture was taken by the canal this morning as day broke.  That is one major bonus to my job, being out and about as the day breaks, it really is the best part of the day.

Since the age of 13 (speaking officially) I have loved the early mornings, a must really as paper boys who can't get out of bed aren't much use.  Even at that age I appreciated what a wonderful time of day it was.

It's hard to describe but I'll have a go..... It's as if everything in the world is as it should be at 4 o'clock in the morning, it is peaceful save a few birds chirping away, they signal the arrival of the new day and as lightness spreads the world awakes, it is only then that negatives start to creep in.  As people arise and set out on their daily routines they spread the grumpiness as they go if it is a gloomy day, but happiness if it a bright sunny morning.  As the world gets busy we lose the peacefulness as the hustle and  bustle takes over, peoples care free attitude turns to selfishness as the daily grind seems to wash there happiness away.  I wish it could be 7am all day. Chris Evans describes this much better than I can in his 'Memoirs of a Fruitcake' book.

One such example of people turning the day sour was my altercation with a driving instructor today, Malc's School of Motoring.  Now I admit I did dare to overtake Lord Malc but at no pint did I endanger his or my life, so I was quite surprised to firstly hear Malc's horn over David Guetta and then see Malc waving two fingers at me!  Now as a partly qualified driving instructor (yet another story for another day) I am well aware that the Driving Standards Agency are very keen on instructors teaching the art of Defensive Driving, within this element is a requirement not to display or be a cause of road rage.  Malc may have been having a bad day, he may have as happy as I at 7am and not let this incident bother him, I don't know, but please Malc, lead by example, what you did today was not a great advert for your services.

No comments:

Post a Comment