Sunday 1 April 2012

39/366

Don't judge a book by its cover.... Wirksworth looks like a nice place, well the bit I've seen on my bike rides does.  And based on that we drove out there today to have a wonder around the small Derbyshire town.... we didn't even get out of the car.  The market place is very picture postcard esque but that's about as far as it goes.

Carsington Water became the back up plan, a short walk, a grumpy teenager dragging her heels because she'd rather be at home doing nothing and a cool breeze meant we didn't stay too long, long enough though to decide we'll be back to tackle the 8 mile walk around the reservoir.  On that occasion though we'll leave the grumpy teenager at home though.

Much to my pleasure it surprises me how many of you read this.  My reasons for this year long daily blog experiment are to test my writing skills and observations as I would like to write some kind of autobiography in the future as a record of my life for my grandchildren and their children to read.  I've been quite taken back by people's kind remarks and interest in what ramblings I have.  Whilst it is not the best written journal I feel some of my entries are written well, whilst some are not so strong.  It doesn't help that some nights I'm barely awake when I write.  Thank you for your interest and kind comments to those who have made them known, and to any silent readers I may also have.

Hopefully I will receive my ride to work voucher via email tomorrow so that I can actually order my new bike.  For two years I've been promising myself a 'summer bike' and to be honest I wasn't expecting it this year, it's only because of this scheme I've managed to convince Mrs H it's not a bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment