Friday 6 April 2012

44/366

So it's that time of year again, no not Easter, The Masters in Augusta.  I love watching a bit of golf and this has to be the best tournament to watch, the course is stunning and always brings out the best and worst of the field. 
I used to play golf badly and have always watched the pro's in awe as they effortlessly stroke the ball somewhere near 300 yards down the centre of the fairway, delicately chip on to the greens from seemingly impossible positions and then manage to read the slopes and contours of said green to sink the ball.
1st round in and Englishman Lee Westwood is leading the way.  O""ne good omen for Westood is that every time The Masters has finished on easter Sunday the player with caddy number 53 has won, you guessed it, Westwood's caddy is number 53.
Went for a kickabout on the park with Robert this afternoon, football is another game I played badly.  I did make the school team once, we lost eight nil and that was the end of my career before it ever took off!  Robert spent most of it in goal in his proffered position of goalkeeper, he's actually quite handy between the posts.  Whilst I attempted to bend 20 yard free kicks around him he mostly picked them out of the air, the occasional lob did manage to fox him though.
I really am whacked now after only 4 hours kip last night and another 3am alarm call in the morning, so I bid you farewell before I nod off without setting my alarm.

No comments:

Post a Comment