Sunday 29 April 2012

66/365

I've been a dreamer most of my life, I and we have had dreams of what we can do, from running our own camp site or B&B to having a shop of various descriptions.  The one thing that has always stopped us is lack of funds to get any project off the ground.

These thoughts never totally leave my mind, they may slip to the back of mind from time to time but its never too long before I'm dreaming again.  As you can guess I'm dreaming again right now.

The difference right now is that I have a little disposable income these days and I also have quite a bit of disposable time to go with it.  So now would be an ideal time to get a project off the ground whilst still earning a good full time wage.  I have a couple of big ideas, one a full time venture, a big shop, we have contacts in this line of business, we could stock a shop for nothing, just need to find the right spot and big enough balls to pack in my job and go for it.  For various reasons I'm not prepared to share what this is in such an open forum.

The other would be very much a part time venture at first, ideal really given my current circumstances, just need a cheap unit/lock up with electric.  This 'scheme' would be powder coating, the first thing that springs to mind would be bike frames and parts as well as motor parts large and small.  If I can't find a suitable and cheap unit then maybe a concrete sectional garage needs to be set up in my back garden or a word with my self build buddy Aiden about knocking up a suitable establishment.

I'm certain the latter could come off and would be an ideal part time venture to fit around my current job.  I can get a good set up for a good price and if it went well could lead to a more permanent career.

One thing I do know is that being your own boss rules, I've been there before and made all the mistakes, now older and wiser I'd like to have another crack at it.  As I opened with, I'm a dreamer, maybe I'm at it again or maybe I might actually put something into action, time to do some serious homework....

Went to the Raleigh factory sale this morning to get father in law a bike and saw some right bargains, a 3 grand mountain bike for 600 quid!  I'm taking Robert in the morning to look at bmx's, I might just pick a bike up if there are any similarly stupid offers to make a quick few quid on fleabay.  Could be the first few quid in the dream projects coffers.

No comments:

Post a Comment