Thursday 5 April 2012

43/366

Firstly may I point you towards this facebook page for our friends charity events to keep little Cerys's memory alive and to help other people who have to deal with this terrible condition - Big Hearted Cake Bake  This is the first of three events this year, I will be keeping you informed of the others as well as harassing you for money when the time comes.

Took another short run today, just to check the hamstring really, it was hell at first but once I got going it eased off a little and I actually finished quite strong, for once I knew when to quit though and called it a day before any problems came back.  Robert joined me on his bike again, but his heart wasn't in it today, he was severely lacking in motivation and kept stopping at every opportunity.  Can't blame him really, he did well to do over 5 miles yesterday, another 3 today was probably a bit much to ask.

Today I have mostly been playing Draw Something, the latest app craze to take the smart phone world by storm, apparently I am only one of 50 million to download it in the last 50 days!  In the unlikely event you don't know what it is I'll tell you.  It's a simple drawing game where you choose one of three words to draw and your opponent has to guess what it is you gave drawn.  Anybody who knows me will also know this is not a good game to play with me given my artistic ability, or lack of!  Still it has kept me amused.  I have also downloaded the android kindle app and also my first ebook, a collection of short cycling related stories, so far it's proving an addictive read. 

I've not read since my time at Tesco, I have a long list of titles I still want to read but just don't seem to get the time.  Instead of watching the usual drivel on the telly I intend to get some reading done, much better for the mind!

Work tomorrow, only for two days though then yet another week off, no big riding plans though as next week is family time with a short break to the south coast thrown in.  I do have the small matter of a 110k Audax in my home county of Yorkshire on Easter Sunday though, looking forward to that.  

Not a clue who this loon is nor what he is doing, made me smile though

No comments:

Post a Comment