Friday 20 April 2012

57/366

For once I actually feel I have something to blog about, please humour me and read on....
Today was not a normal workday for me as it began at 8am.  Despite that fact my body clock still insisted on waking me at 02:50 for work!  After a few more hours of unsettled sleep I finally rose for work.  I was on a CPC course today which is basically a certificate of competency in professional HGV driving, no doubt some piece of European bureaucracy we have to abide by.

Today's module included commentary driving.  After toning down my well practiced commentary from my driving instructor training (I will get round to that story one day) I was asked by my trainer if I had done it before as he had never heard such thorough commentary.  Obviously I was dissatisfied with my toning down (or lack of) of my commentary but didn't want to admit to why I had a distinct advantage in this subject, I think I blagged it with a "yeah I did some years ago at TNT when doing some driver training" Truth is TNT don't even know what driver training is, or at least they didn't when I drove for them.

The main subject of tonight's ramblings has to be what I witnessed tonight in a certain drinking establishment in Stapleford.  I shall not name said establishment in fear of retribution from the inbreds that obviously spend far too much time there, I will however give you a sporting chance of guessing where it is.  Think if you will of a certain part of a horse and couple it with a piece of farming machinery.
After realising that almost all of the clientele looked identical, men women and children included I spotted school bags and lunch boxes belonging to the 5 & 6 year old children who were in the pub running riot.  It's hard to believe but there in front of my eyes were women who had obviously bought children to the pub straight from school!  I'm assuming they had eaten there but it's not a given they had.  They eventually took their precious little ones home at about 10pm.

Then there was 'Stig' the dirtiest person I've seen in years, in fact possibly my life, I've seen much cleaner people living on the streets.  Stig of the dump was wearing a lovely grimy cardigan which was worn back to front with a zip up the back!  Someone was kind enough to point this out to him to which he replied "yes I know, about 20 people have told me". Two things spring to mind here.... The first being how the feck did he come to be wearing a cardigan back to front and secondly if so many people had told him why hadn't he sorted it out?  I can only assume that the cardigan put itself upon him and refused to be moved, it certainly looked as though it could have walked itself to the pub and was quite possibly the only thing keeping Stig upright.  Or he just can't see what he was doing due the fact he clearly only has the use of on eye and that one isn't looking straight ahead.  It didn't end there though for poor Stig, he stunk like a skunk on heat that had been shagged by a polecat.

There was good news from the night though, we won the pool match due to the inbreds not having enough family members to complete the match, I signed for the 5th and decisive win without the need to play so that's a 100% winning record for me, that's what the stats show anyway!  Funny thing is we are back there next week for a league match as tonight's match was a cup affair.
After all that 'fun' we needed a dose of normality so headed to the cue club for an hour, the pool tables were busy so we took to what looked like a 5 a side pitch for a couple of frames of snooker....all I'll say is I don't remember it been that hard.

I'll finish on some good news and a definate high note, Warburtons will match up to £500 of my sponsorship in my run(s) for Cerys, so if I can manage to get £500 they will double it!  To think I could raise £1000 is quite overwhelming.  Even better to think I could do the same again next year by running the full marathon!
PS apologies for being late, it's took me 40 minutes on and off to write this on my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment