Wednesday 4 April 2012

42/366

What's going on with our weather, last Wednesday after a cracking bike ride in the sun I was sleeping on the back lawn getting sunburned, this Wednesday we're stuck indoors whilst it's snowing, well a sleety, snowy, rainy mixture.  Can't really complain though, in all the weather hasn't been bad this year, I know we need more rain, but I don't care for the wet stuff so in general I've been happy.

When it had almost stopped I headed out for a run with Robert in tow as it's the school holidays.  The shorter of my Attenborough circuits at 5.2 miles.  It was cold out there, the wind chill was well below freezing and there was a stiff 20 mph headwind at times, testing conditions indeed.  Robert did well considering, we did have to stop once as his face was hurting into the headwind and the rain had started again, I'm sure he didn't allow for this when saying he'd come along.  My troublesome hamstring played up towards the end, I really had to ease off to almost walking pace for the last 1/4 mile, gave it some good stretches when home, hopefully it was just complaining about the cold...

Sit ups and press ups again today, sit ups quite easy, I'm sure I'll be able to nail the 100 pretty soon, press ups another matter.  I managed 33 in total today, a huge 13 in my final set!  Ok so it may be a while before I hit the ton on those.

Planning is beginning for Cardiff in October, well Mrs H has been looking at hotels, the usual Travel Lodge and Premier Inn bargains are not to be found though, they must realise that thousands of runners will be in town that weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment