Saturday 14 April 2012

52/366

Ran the usual 10k course and felt bloody awful, legs were like lead! Kept it going though as you can't give up because you feel bad when the big day comes.

It did get me thinking though that there is no structure to my training, I'm just running 5 or 6 miles 3 times a week, no variation.  So I've looked at a few training plans, most are only 12 or 16 weeks and it's 27 until half marathon day.  So me being me I've gone for a 16 week 26.2 mile training plan, yes you read it right, marathon distance in 16 weeks.  In for a penny in for a pound as they say.  Once the 16 weeks is done I'll drop it off for a few weeks and then pick up on a half marathon training plan to take me up to the big day.  All this is part of the preparation for a crack at the full distance next year. 



Not a lot else happening today, the usual Saturday routine, shopping, Granny Harry's and Mrs H's Mum and Dad's, oh and Roberts tantrums when his latest scooter trick goes wrong or he doesn't get his own way... good to be back home!

A few photo's from our little trip this week

Cell door at Brightons Old Police Cells

Brighton Pavilion

9 day old Tamworth piglets with Mum at Weald and Downland museum

Beach Nr Worthing

Weald and Downland Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment