Saturday 7 April 2012

45/366

Busy morning at work today, it's amazing how much bread is shifted, nearly 400,000 loaves this morning at our depot, and here was me thinking people ate chocolate at easter.

Part of my afternoon was spent preping for tomorrow's Audax, getting the bike ready, usual stuff....tyre pressures, lube chain etc.  Then came the realisation that removing the mudguards at the first sight of spring was a bit premature, the thought of a soggy arse in Sheffield really didn't appeal to me.  So it was back on with the crud race blades which might as stay on now for wet rides when the new bike turns up.

Had a small spot of fortune today when opening my box of goodies from a well known online bike shop sung about by Dianna Ross and friends.  As well as my pedals and mounting kit for a bike computer they had packed 2 folding tyres in the box, got to be happy with that, if I'm being picky I would say I'd prefer 23's instead of the 25's I got, still probably a good move as a winter tyre.

Better hit the hay and get a decent sleep before tomorrow mornings trip north for what I hope will be a lovely ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment