Monday 23 April 2012

61/366

Session 6 of my training plan was a 30 minute steady run, all went to plan apart from when I followed the horse trail I ended up ankle deep in water and mud and had to retrace my steps back onto the football fields, funny I thought we were suffering a drought!

Some of my friends may know my friend Aiden McHaffie, he inspired me to try this year long blog thing by doing it himself.  Aiden was involved in a serious accident about 6 weeks ago when he was knocked off his bike.  It's not the first time he has had a serious 'off' but this time it was a car that him, or as the police see it Aiden failed to avoid the car that pulled out on him!  Take a minute if you can to visit Aiden's Blog to see the facts of how the police yet again fail to deal with a driver at fault when a cyclist is the victim.

A quick mention for Claire Squires who died yesterday after collapsing near the finish of the marathon, Claire was running for the Samaritans and had raised £500 on her Just Giving page.  Since her tragic death donations have flooded in and her page is currently at £144000.  It is such a shame someone has to pay the ultimate price to raise such funds but it does restore some faith in the human race that so many people have been moved enough to donate to a woman they didn't even know.  My thoughts and prayers are with Claire family and friends the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment