Wednesday 11 April 2012

48/366

Found this widget thing when messing about with Strava today, good for sharing run and ride routes for those who are interested.  And the clever thing is that the gps trail doesn't start or finish at my home.  Masking a set distance of the ride from a certain area makes it harder for those unscrupulous light fingered bastards who check ride logging sites such as Strava, Mapmyride etc to see where we live and what bikes we have.  If you think about some people (me included in the past) really do make it easy for people to target specific bikes and then give them an exact gps location of the shed it can be found in, madness really.




Phoned Evans earlier as the girl who took the transaction (I won't say sold me the bike, as she didn't have the need to exercise her sales pitch) told me the bike could be in the shop late last week.  Very optimistic as Wilier quote a 21 day delivery time.  Expecting to be told that the bike was not in the store yet I was not disappointed.  I was told though that the lady who looks after stock coming in and arranging to get it out would call me back later in the afternoon to give me an update of its whereabouts, I'm still waiting for the call.  Evans proving to me why I said I'd never willingly buy a bike from them again.  It's not that I'm expecting the bike before the 21 days quoted, I just don't like being told they will get back to me and then they don't.

My second frustration of today.... Freecycle, a great concept where people give stuff away when they have finished with it.  The website however is shockingly bad and the main reason I haven't bothered using freecycle in the past.  Louise for some reason though has registered and spotted a Juicer being given away this evening.  Knowing I'd quite like to try one she promptly requested we be the lucky recipients of the juicer.  An equally prompt reply and I was on my to West Hallam to pick it up.  I arrived at a very strange looking house, one that seemed to have been left in the 1970's, you know the sort.  I banged on the door only to be shouted at by an old lady...."I don't know who you are, who is it? I'm not opening the door, go away"  I double checked the address and postcode on my gps on my phone, I was definitely at the address given.  I gave it  a minute and knocked again.  Eventually the old girl came to the door, she knew nothing of a juicer or freecycle, and by the looks of her and her house I'm quite sure she wouldn't even know what a computer is let alone use one!

I emailed the juicers 'donor' Tammy asking if I had the correct house to be told in a rather short reply "no!"  No further information to assist me.  Convinced I'm the victim of a prank I head home rather pissed off.  I replied to Tammy stating I had been at the address given, just to be told I  must have been at the wrong house... No shit Sherlock!  Eventually Tammy offers up an excuse that she gave me her own address incorrectly and that she was at 119 .... Road and not number 19.  Funny that as the postcode took me to within two doors of number 19!

So that's my one and only experience with freecycle done with, I know people get some good gear off there but I'm not prepared to be fucked about by your average fucktard freecycle user, apologies to those freecyclists that have a brain cell.

*Another apology, to the 2 of you that wanted to read this at bedtime last night, I wrote and saved a draft early evening and forgot to send before the day was out.

No comments:

Post a Comment