Sunday 22 April 2012

60/366

As you know I want to have a crack at the London marathon next year so watching today's was today's was very inspirational.  Thousands of people each with their own story of why they are putting themselves through it. 
Two 'celebs' who ran fantastic times but finished in contrasting styles were Nell McAndrew and James Cracknell, Nell looked fresh as a daisy finishing in 2hrs 52, James really had to dig deep and give everything to finish in 2:59, to finish in under 3 hours really is an amazing achievement.  I'd love to run it in under 4 hours, and with a year to go there's no reason why I shouldn't be aiming for that.
First thing though is getting to the start line, 1 in 3 applicants get to run the London marathon, a public ballot opens a week tomorrow and charity spots are available.  I'm going to try all avenues available to get a place so I can run for Cerys in the biggest marathon next year.
Why was I watching the marathon and not riding the 160k Audax I had entered the eagle eyed ones of you may be thinking, well, basically, I couldn't be arsed.  I just didn't feel as though my legs had a hundred miles in them.  I didn't waste the day though and carried out session 4, a 6 mile run.

No comments:

Post a Comment