Monday 2 April 2012

40/366

Monday morning equals weigh in time, as usual for a Monday morning I stepped on the scales.  This morning they told me I have reached my original target of 14 stone, that's 2 and a half stone lighter than when I started 'dieting' last August.   It doesn't end here though, another half a stone would be good.  It would also be good to loose the beer gut, I've started one of those 100 ..... programs on both sit ups and push ups to try and tone up the wobbly bits.

Saw a blast from the past this morning, a fella skating along in Bauer rollerskates, not seen those for years.  He was most happy speed skating along the cycle lane, took me back 20 odd years when most off mates had the same boots.  I was never good or confident enough to own my own pair, I preferred the relative safety of a skateboard, not that I was much good on that either.

Skateboarding down Spinney Rise was certainly an adrenaline fix though, Toton's steepest hill drew the local youth and its various wheel based transport modes.  How none of us ended up having a serious accident I'll never know.  I guess it's down to the well known fact that children bounce well.

No comments:

Post a Comment