Friday 13 April 2012

51/366

After a hearty two breakfasts from the pub adjoining our premier inn we headed off on quite a detour of our route home to the Weald & Downland museum.  I have fond memoies of a school trip there some 25 or so years ago.  It is an outdoor museum of buildings and farming over the last 600 year's.
Historic buildings from around southern England have been taken down and rebuilt at the museum.  Typically though the biggest attraction there was the 9 day old Tamworth piglets which Kelly and Louise instantly fell in love with.  It has to be said though whilst my nostalgic curiosity was satisfied the trip did little to stimulate the minds of the rest of my family, apart from the piglets that is.
This evening I come across the rare occurrence of a Grand Designs episode that I have not yet seen, quite a rarity seeing as I've seen most episodes more than once, thank goodness for series record on more 4!  So on that note I leave you for the dullcet tones of Kevin Mcloud describing the construction of a 21st century farmhouse in Wiltshire.


No comments:

Post a Comment