Tuesday 17 April 2012

55/365

Watch "STEPTOE AND SON THEME TUNE" on YouTube

What's with that link?  Whilst on my rounds in Mansfield this morning I heard the above tune approaching me getting louder and louder as it drew closer.  Only when it was accompanied by yells of "scrap iron, gates, Hoover's, washers, bike's" did I realise what was coming.  Then I saw it, a transit pick up complete with megaphone trapped in the passenger window pointing outwards.  The occupant of the passenger seat was holding the microphone to the speaker fitted to his door.  The whole instance quite tickled me and fair play to these two entrepreneurs for having the balls to ride round to such a theme tune.

Tuesday has arrived and no phone call from Evans or even Matt the manager, not that I expected one.   And given the fact that it's run day tomorrow and I'm working 9-5 on Thursday I won't be in a position to do anything until Friday anyway, so they have 3 days grace before I start kicking off.

I managed to acquire myself some more running gear whilst in Decathlon getting a rather nice pink stop watch for Mrs H, a running cap to try and keep my readers dry whilst out in the rain and a pair of rather blue multi purpose shorts, my running wardrobe is fast catching up with my cycling collection of clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment